Sunday, March 4, 2012

Roving knitters...

Popping in for a quick "hi!" and to share some silliness from this weekend. A couple of us from the shop got our knit on with these enormous display needles. They were actually designed for decorative purposes but clearly they were begging to be used otherwise. Here you can see MaryAnn and Shanti setting them up...

We all took a turn...

It was tons of fun, and I have to say I am smitten with results...

I might need to fashion my own set of ginormous needles (these were about as big as my arm~crazy!!). I think stepping out of bed onto a soft roving rug would be a heavenly way to start the day, don't you? And the making of it would be full of smiles...

Hope your weekend has been a happy one!

~xox~

alison

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I like those chunky knitted footstools as well, although I can't imagine shaping some increases or decreases with needles that big. A k2tog might just kill you!

    ReplyDelete